Leeloo's repertoire of things she hates is either growing or they're finally surfacing. So the last time I went home to Houston, my father was unrecognizable in his big puff jacket and his lumbering through the doorway sent the dogs all a tizzy. Oi...that was a nightmare. But, I thought this was just an isolated incident. They weren't in a familiar place and my parents made it sound like Hitch was the one who instigated the bark-fest. It was not until my cousin came over yesterday that I realized that Leeloo may very well be afraid of large jackets. My cousin, Oli and LL never started on the right foot. Oli treats dogs with the respect of a 3 year old: pulling tails, messing with the ears...sticking her foot in their faces. Leeloo was not about to have any of that, and kinda snapped on Oli's foot...once...but
Anyway, my cousin came over for dinner (in her giant pea-coat), and Leeloo started GROWLING at her the second she came in. They never had a great relationship, but Oli and LL have seen each other a few times after the incident. I could not get a handle on why she kept growling. I thought maybe it was the jacket...while it didn't totally solve the problem LL backed off...slightly. And now they're best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment